Happy Street

The sign over my head reads "happiness", but happy are the women who aren't followed by a censor-man to cross them out everywhere they go, in school, at work, on the streets...
even if you leave Iran, the censor-man will still follow you, and will cut you out of any sport stadium he sees you in.
happiness comes when no women is a danger to her country, such a danger that they she has to be expurgated out of every context.. happiness comes when my fear of the censor-men ends and the day when I can smile to the kind people who honor and respect me and don't ridicule me for the way I dress and the way I look..

“The solution to women’s issues can only be achieved in a free and democratic society in which human energy is liberated, the energy of both women and men together. Our civilization is called human civilization and is not attributed only to men or women.”

 

© 2014 Free Iranian Women. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top